Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 9 - Maybe My Head Will Fall Off

It's been a bad body week for me. I'm blaming it on the full moon.

So there was the dizzy episode at the gym on Sunday. I have come up with several other reasons why it may have happened, but now I think I'm so anxious that it might happen again, I'm deliberately making myself dizzy. Anxiety is fun, y'all.

Then 3 days ago, I went to the grocery store and I guess I stepped wrong because oh my GOD, does my foot hurt. Mostly when I point it, and not all the time, and it's happened before, but holy cow. I'm trying to stay off it, but sometimes it feels better if I walk. And sometimes it hurts so much I need to sit. I don't know.

Yesterday, my boyfriend was trying to solder a metal strip onto a watering can that he'd bought. The decorative strip came just hanging on to the can on one side when he opened the package. He asked if I could pull and hold the strip down while he clamped it. So I did. But he wanted it tight, so I went to slide my finger to tighten it and... SLICE!

Oh. My. God.

It's a good thing that blood doesn't freak me out. I ran to wash the cut and then applied pressure while he got bandaids and antibiotic cream. It doesn't hurt right now, but typing sucks with this bandage on my fingertip and I need to shower soon and it's going to suck to wash my hair.

What else can happen this week? My head could fall off, I guess?

By the way, that watering can is bad news bears because in the course of his little project [the can is to be modified so that a hose can run through it and into the pond], he burnt his leg and cut his finger, too. I told him that he should leave a bad review on Amazon that the watering can has now hurt the entire family, including the cat. [She's fine, but she could have been stabbed in the eye with the loose strip.]

So what else is new?

Since I've deemed myself too injured [and let's face it, too clumsy] for exercise this week, I've been doing a lot of reading and catching up on some TV shows. I've been reading some of Alice Walker's books, but to be honest, the only one I really enjoy is The Color Purple. Maybe because, since it's mostly written in Celie's voice, it doesn't feel quite as pretentious as The Temple of My Familiar and Possessing The Secret of Joy.

Speaking of pretentious, does anyone else watch Pretty Wicked Moms? My best friend got me into this show, and I'm kind of [ashamedly] enthralled with these womens' mostly ridiculous lives. But can we talk for a minute about Emily's earrings?



She wears these earrings in almost every single episode! And one time they showed her going to sleep in them! Given that she runs a fashion boutique, you'd think she'd want to wear all kinds of things. Even funnier, there's a YouTube video of her boutique from 2010 and she's wearing those SAME EARRINGS. I'm going to guess they were passed down from her great grandma or something and she has an incredible sentimental attachment to them, because I can't think of another reason for a supposed fashionista to wear the same tired old earrings for 3+ years.

I'm making chicken yakitori again tonight. Well, kind of. I'm using the sauce but just grilling full thighs and zucchini rather than making skewers. After this past week, I don't actually trust myself with a knife and wooden skewers at this point. I'd probably end up making some chicken coated punji stick.



0 comments:

Post a Comment