Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day..Whoops.

Okay, so I kinda suck at this whole update every day thing. But considering I'm not actually sure if anyone is reading this, I guess it doesn't matter. :)

There are some weeks where my motivation is super high. I can power through any workout, eat well, sleep well, etc. But there are other weeks when my brain is saying, "Yes. DO THIS. You must!" And my body says, "LOLNOPE."

Because when you're superfat, sometimes your body makes the decisions for you. My brain might say, "GO GO GO!" but my legs say, "Naw gurl. Ain't happenin'." It's not a mind over matter thing. Your legs HONESTLY cannot go. Your feet hurt. Your arms feel heavy even without holding a weight. To push yourself means risking an injury because you know your form will be totally off.

It's been one of those weeks for me.

But, I know it won't last forever.

I tried out a new recipe yesterday - the chicken and zucchini yakitori from Skinnytaste. It was DELICIOUS.

chicken yakitori



I used rice wine vinegar in place of the sake because I don't drink and it would have been kind of worthless for me to buy a bottle of sake just to use 2 tablespoons of it. I also squirted in some sriracha because I love sweet and spicy. I had a couple of pounds of chicken thighs, so I doubled the recipe for the sauce. I also skewered in some baby bella mushrooms because those are my faves. I think I could have eaten every single skewer!! It was a party in my mouth and I didn't want to invite anyone because I wanted everything for myself. Even my boyfriend seemed to like them, and he is super picky!

We'll see what tomorrow brings. I don't want to make big claims of going to the gym and all that because I'm not sure how I'll feel tomorrow. But we can always hope, right? :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment